Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finnabair Style Medusa's Head by Ike's Art

As you may have guessed I am in love with the wonderful Finnabair style art created by Ania Dabrowska!  And I have taken some twists with it not typically associated with the style but was well received by the Finnabair Open Studio Facebook page.  This twist came after receiving a fabulous image called "Medusa's Head" from Ike's Art.  I started coloring her with my Prismacolor pencils and made her makeup heavy and I became enchanted with her! But isn't that her story?  So onto a mixed media canvas I had started with some crackled texture paste, some colored texture paste, tape, chipboard pieces, and cut outs layered with many layers of acrylic paint and inks!  The I added some paper clay pieces of steampunk gears, clock, keys, flies, flourishes, some metal coins, buttons, a paper rose I had made ages ago and was tattered, some brass chain links for earrings and covered with white acrylic paint.  When dried I sponged on some silver ink from an ink pad and in the end I am very much pleased with it!


I intentionally left a little of the "Y" hanging off the canvas which
was a piece of chipboard.



Fitting bits and bobs to go with snakes was much more difficult
than I had imagined!!

Give this a go if you are interested!  The bits and bobs can be found in your catch all drawers in cabinets, desks supplies, almost anything can be turned into something pretty! Save those pop can tabs! They make excellent anchors to layer other things on top of!  Reduce your waste by turning it into something you can love!!

Happy Crafting!

Entering Forever Dark  2 June Challenge Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Love all the texture and awesome image Nan! Love the Finnabair-style!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that is sooooo cool. Really gorgeous background and all those wonderful goodies in her 'hair'. Lovely creation Nan :-D xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Just STUNNING! This is art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally amazing! I've got to try this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing! I've got to try this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love this piece - you did a beautiful job with Medusa. I love all the pieces you've used - again, I love, love it!

    ReplyDelete