Monday, June 8, 2015

My First Design Team Make for Ike's World Challenge!!!!

My first ever win was at Ike's World Challenge  with a breast cancer awareness make done when I was able to create again after my mom's brush with that ugly disease.  I was so over the moon!  Never did I think I could say I am on that Design Team!  So honored and happy and thanks to Ike and her wonderful team for accepting a newbie like me! 

Our challenge this fortnight is #39 "Inspire Us With Lyrics".  I was excited about this one before I knew I was on the team so imagine my joy that my first make would be using a theme I love, music!!  The songs were dancing in my head (a lot of room for that type of thing in MY head!) and first thought was a Jimmy Buffett song, so sorry Jimmy, you know I love you! and then I remembered a song that I identified with so much when it came out.  It is by Coldplay...yes, old women like cool music, too! lol! and I am hoping this is right, called "Viva la Vida".  My daughter always corrects me when I give it my version of the moment name so alas I am going for it!  The song is awesome and the repeating stanza is "I used to rule the world.." and I have felt that way many times in my life. Not that I ruled anything, no way! but that I had all I needed at times and then lost the most needed of things, people, and love.  Enough sappy talk...here is my version of whom might have ruled the world at one time!




Used Prismacolor pencils to outline and color beak and tongue
and some paper clay lovelies, a crown and a laurel wreath
which was glued onto some fab gold embossed seals 
given to me by Mom estimated at over 15 years old!!
And of course the crown went on his now truly bald head!


Printed out the song words from Photo Shop inked edges and glued
on three homemade enamel dots will give recipe on here soon!
And another seal at the top with a paper clay fleur de lis!

And that was my take  on this magnificent bird ruling the world!
Please come join us you have time so don't delay!
Also visit the amazing Ike's Art
and be prepared to be amazed!!

Happy Crafting and sing a song while you do!

Also entering in Lost Coast Designs "Skelly Fest" ending June 18th!






6 comments:

  1. YaY !! Nan - very cool piece and we are glad to have you with us. This is a lovely creation and I love his little crown. I too am an oldie who likes Cold Play :-D Thank you for creating this for IWC :-D

    Hugz
    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Hope to not be tooo bad!! lol
      hugsxx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous first DT project Nan, congratulations.
    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Rose! I am very happy to be there! hugsxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for entering this fab creation in Lost Coast Portal to Creativity's Skellie-Fest event!!!
    http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2015/06/skull-appreciation-day-blog-hop-our-1st.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, love the wording too. Congrats on the new DT and thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete