Monday, February 22, 2016

Why So Sad?


My daughter is doing some digital work for her portfolio and has created some collage sheets for me with images from the British Library released recently as copyright free.  This sad looking girl caught my eye and her story seems like it should be known but somehow maybe not.  The secrets she holds may be too terrible for us to know about.  So my mind went to the Moulin Rouge murder story of Sherlock Holmes, my absolute favorite stories ever neck and neck with Mr. Poe of course!  



.An old worn wallet covered with papers, inks, and paint hold her.
Chains and a pendant with the words "Some gates should remain closed forever" with a key
 



I added some texture and paint and some red tears.  I think her story is just too sad for us to know and it should remain that way.

Look for these collage sheets at my daughter's Zibbet store, she will be adding more soon and a small art journal project to get anyone wanting to begin an art journal heading in the right direction.



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Nan! Love the background and haunting image. Well done. Thanks so much for playing at Things to Alter! hugs
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do love this, that image is great, what a fab project, thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge at Things to Alter.

    Jac x

    ReplyDelete